Whats up with the name??

Once i heard 'Upside Down Pickle in a Jar' as a metaphor for a baby in a womb, and thought it was pretty fitting for our blog. This is for all the family and friends that Ben and I unfortunately dont get to speak to often. You can feel like you are here in all the action!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

just plain BAD luck

The nicest thing this weekend was doing absolutely NOTHING. We have been non stop busy since Finn got here, and we just needed a break. I cooked the whole weekend, which I don't really get to do a whole lot anymore, at least not steak and stuff. It was yummy!
Last week was rough. Wednesday we got a crap ton of rain. I mean, roads were flooded around town. But not only were the roads flooded, the area around our apartment was too. So I went to my grandmothers house so that she could watch Finn while I did some of Ben's homework there on the laptop. Well it got pretty nasty at their house, so I called ben to check the front door of our apartment. Water was leaking in a little, but then he called back and said he moved the furniture in our bedroom and nursery because water was coming in the walls and the carpet was wet. He had to go to work, So mom came and got me (my car was too low to the ground to drive through any rain) and we came home and finished moving all the stuff off the wet carpet. Luckily I'm not a hoarder and there really wasn't that much to move.  I have helped a hoarder clean up after a flood once and it was AWFUL. So the carpet people came and sucked out water and I have yet to move all the stuff back in the rooms because the rain has come every day for about a week, and I don't want it happening again!
So our house is very un organized right now, mostly from relocating things for a little bit.

Other news is: in addition to our house getting a little bit flooded, our washing machine, air conditioning, and car have also malfunctioned.
A few weeks ago Mom came and got Finn and I was going to do about an hours worth of housework and then go to their house and join them. I was doing laundry and dishes and I walked into the nursery (which houses the washer and dryer in a closet) and there was smoke and a horrible burning smell. Turns out, the washer broke. Since Ben doesn't have time to fix a washing machine at all right now, and God knows how old this one was, we got a new one. and a really good deal on it too. This old set was just sitting at Ben's parents house and he asked if we could have it when we got married, so we never had "new" ones. This one works great!
The air is the apartment maintenance persons problem.
The car is Ben's. He can fix it, but just doesn't have the time. So I am without a car until further notice!
:(

Ben really wants to  move when he finishes school, so all these other apartment problems (too many to list) will be gone!
Can't wait to move!


No comments:

Post a Comment