Whats up with the name??

Once i heard 'Upside Down Pickle in a Jar' as a metaphor for a baby in a womb, and thought it was pretty fitting for our blog. This is for all the family and friends that Ben and I unfortunately dont get to speak to often. You can feel like you are here in all the action!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

BIIIIIIIIIIG changes

Since we brought Finn home from the hospital ... Babyhood, we'll call it, I have learned about my baby and bonded with my baby.
I feel comfortable with him and he with me.
While I was pregnant I had these great plans to be all 'green' and eco-friendly. Well when I brought that baby home, all my plans went out the window and I was only concerned about taking everything in one day at a time. I could only focus on the present, and NONE of my plans were accomplished except one. I was and am able to give him breast milk. whew!
Well, now I finally reached the point where I feel comfortable enough to venture out, so to speak, and try all of these ideas I had.
One was diapers. I really wanted to use earth friendly diapers. I am more focused on helping the earth out in this particular topic.
It's estimated that a baby goes through 7500 changes in their lifetime. That's a crap ton, pardon my pun, of diapers. So I have reached the point where I am ready to give the earth a little break from my child.
So I started researching different kinds, and somehow on BBC (babycenter.com) Ie came across a forum  on cloth diapering. CLOTH DIAPERING?!?! WHAAAAAAAA???
Yes, it's true. I researched a lot about the process of cloth diapering and I am pretty sure I have the guts to try it. So I am trying to figure out which route I want to go. There are several options available when it comes to CD, and its not just your grandma's way of doing it anymore! Now, I haven't actually CD'd, but It seems pretty easy if you stick to a routine of washing and drying them on a 2 day basis.
We would still use disposable diapers at night and when we went out for extended periods of time. And if you're reading this and thinking, OMG, I HOPE SHE NEVER ASKS ME TO BABYSIT, have no fear, we don't expect anyone to do this with us if they don't want to. I would have disposables when we went to friends homes or those days when he spends time with grandparents/great grandparents. NOW, if you're ok with it, let us know! While we don't expect you to change a cloth diaper, we would appreciate your support and non-ignorance. If you have some ignorance, educate yourself, or keep it...because we don't want it.
So that in itself is a huge undertaking until we get used to it. I will have to do a special post all about CD!

Another thing I am super excited about is making Finn's baby food! When the time is right, I want to make his food. There are so many great and wonderful baby foods on the market, and we will be using them too, but I just cant wait to make food for him that has ingredients I know are in there. I am following several blogs and youtube channels all about homemade baby food and there are wonderful and easy recipes to make. And alot of them can be frozen for the month! One of my favorites is a recipe for rice cereal with brown rice that you grind up instead of white rice from a box, which is ok too! I cant wait to do this for my kid!!!
Speaking of my kid...

Chewing on his monkey paci

Pic of my new wedding band. I lost my other one.

the water from the other day. Yep, that's our welcome mat...floating away...

Long story, but the reason why he's in a reindeer Christmas outfit will be saved for the next post.

In his jumper! he loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment